You have probably heard about how car detailing can make your car feel and look fantastic. Most people confuse this service with car washing. While both do involve cleaning your car in some way, car detailing takes it to another. If you are still unsure about how car detailing differs from car washing, this article will help you understand what the service is about and why your car needs it.
Car Wash VS Car Detailing
Car washing is the basic process of cleaning the car and removing all the dirt and dust it accumulated over time. On the other hand, car detailing is cleaning the vehicle from top to bottom and inside and out, using special tools, chemicals, and products.
The purpose of car washing is to keep the car clean, and it costs less than detailing. However, it only provides a fraction of what car detailing does. A car wash can take 10 to 20 minutes and can be performed by either a person or a machine.
On the other hand, car detailing aims to make the car look brand new. It is more thorough and more restorative compared to car washing. However, the process does not involve paintwork or body repairs.
Here are the services included in the car detailing process:
The Exterior Cleaning Service Inclusion
As mentioned, car detailing does not include paintwork, but car detailing can revitalize your paint job to make it look like a new coat. Here are other car parts that detailers work on:
Car detailers use special detergents and degreasers and conduct a thorough exterior cleaning to remove all the dirt and grease on the exterior. The process differs for each service provider, but here is the general step-by-step process you should expect:
- Step 1: The detailer removes all the dust and filth in each part using special tools and cleaning products.
- Step 2: They would wash and dry the paintwork using a mild soap.
- Step 3: Using a clay bar, they would remove any traces of the soap or water.
- Step 4: Then, they would polish the car to make it look shiny. This step removes the slight scratches, swirl marks, and oxidation in your car’s exterior.
- Step 5: As a finishing touch, they would add a sealant to make your car extra glossy.
The Interior Cleaning Service Inclusion
After the exterior, it would be time to clean the interior. Expect this process to take a while as the interior is often the dirtiest and neglected part. Here is the process of cleaning that usually takes place:
- Step 1: They would start by vacuuming the carpets, seats, trunk, and other parts that detailers can vacuum.
- Step 2: A deep brushing and scrubbing will be performed on the mats, carpets, and upholstery. This step aims to remove the grease, stains, and marks―all the details that a typical car wash does not perform.
- Step 3: The detailer would ensure that all surfaces inside your vehicle are thoroughly wiped. They would wipe down your windows, door panels, dashboards, and other interior surfaces using a special cleaning agent.
- Step 4: The detailer will end the interior cleaning process by spraying a scent you prefer to remove any residual scents. This step is optional if you do not like the scents they have on hand.
Car washing is essential for keeping a car clean, but it is the most basic form of car maintenance. If you want a service that can maintain or even boost your car’s value, make it look extra cool, and free it from germs and viruses, you should take it in for auto detailing.
If you are looking for an auto detailing service in Calgary, Drip Detailing is at your service. In Drip Detailing, we ensure that no detail is missed, and we strive to provide our clients leave with their expectations surpassed. We maintain our client’s car by ensuring high-quality car cleaning, polishing, and disinfecting. Contact us today to book a service.